Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Jones

McDonalds to hand out 14 million Roald Dahl books

McDonald’s will be handing out 14 million Roald Dahl books with Happy Meals.

As part of a literacy drive between the fast food chain and the late author’s estate, eight different titles will be included as gifts over the next six weeks.

Books included in the scheme include the likes of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Fantastic Mr Fox, while the ‘Magical Mischief’ title will offer extracts from George’s Marvellous Medicine and Matilda.

What do you make of this project?

Both McDonald's and Burger King have done this, it's a great idea. As I have said within the article comments, any way to replace cheap crap toys with something meaningful is a good thing - yet alone placing books in the hands of children.

It's something I think is good for children, including big kids like me.

I like the idea of giving kids books instead of cheap toys. The type of books they've chose, will also interest parents to take their children.

My 2 daughters love reading, but my son isn't so bothered. Getting children interested is a good thing.