Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Jones

David Walliams visits school to help launch child literacy campaign

Children's author and Little Britain comedian David Walliams joined forces with Education Secretary Nicky Morgan to try to make English pupils the most literate in Europe within the next five years.

They visited a London primary school on Thursday to urge all those involved in education, including parents, to encourage children to read more.

David said: "Books can change the way you think and feel about something. As long as [children] are reading and enjoying books, because it’s going to help them so much in later life if they have a good level of literacy."

What do you make of this campaign? Have you read any of David's books? Let P&A! know!

Encouraging kids to read is a great idea, as others have also done over the years. If kids are interested in books when they are younger, they tend to carry it on into adulthood. I don't mind reading kids books myself, but i've never enjoyed reading enough, to read adult books(i don't even own any adult books).

I didn't even know he wrote any books, though any campaign that encourages reading is a good thing!

@Call me Cordelia what do you think?

This is extremely important. You have to start kids reading about things they are interested in, what they enjoy. After that buy-in, it's just a matter of getting them interested in just about everything :D

Encouraging kids to read is a great idea, as others have also done over the years. If kids are interested in books when they are younger, they tend to carry it on into adulthood. I don't mind reading kids books myself, but i've never enjoyed reading enough, to read adult books(i don't even own any adult books).

Exactly right. Though, I was always a reader and even when I was little, was reading adult books. 

Not read any of his books but I do like hearing that children are being given free books! Hopefully David can make sure his campaign is just as effective.